Chaitu

Chaitu
Kabhi Sochtha Hun Zindagi Bhi Kya Mazaak Hai..

My SOUL.............

My SOUL.... This Blog brings the best out of me!! It carries my emotions..
Note - Each song i posted, has a small music player attached to it which will aid u in listening to the song.. To get a seamless play of the song, use the BLOG ARCHIVE provided on the right side of the page.. There you have the complete list of songs.. Click on the song u would like to hear.. Play the music player at this level.. It starts immediately.. Enjoy.. :)

Blog Visitors Count [Based on Unique Users visiting the site]

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Veturi Sundarrama Murthy



Veturi Sundararama Murthy Garu..



My idol.The stalwart who spurred the thought in me, to pen my inner feelings, in the form of songs..


For a long time[pre-2006], the name "Veturi" was just a 6-letter word V-E-T-U-R-I.
Little did i know that he can influence my life in such big way..
Little did i know that there is a poet in me..
Little did i know that music will be more dearer to me..
Little did i know that i will cry for him one day..
and Little did i know that he will leave such a big void in my life......

It was 2006, when my favv actor Raja's movie MAYABAZAAR had its audio released.
Moreover the music was by the-then famous MD - KM Radhakrishnan.
Me being a big time music zealot, wasted no time in downloading the mp3s of the album.
Soon i was in trance listening to one of the most enchanting melodies. The songs " Preme Neramouna Brovabhaarama" and "Sarojadhalanetri" had just left a big impact on me.
The lyrics were truly mesmerising and the bliss was cascaded by curiousity to know the lyricist of these songs.It was V-E-T-U-R-I!!
The thought-process-line in me had shifted by 180 degrees and suddenly the six letter word seemed more meaningful and complete.
This was the trigger point, that made me take up, the art of pouring our feelings [transformed into words] onto the white sheet. And suddenly the white sheet seemed colourful. :)

I started to write small 4-line poems.. Or max 6-7 lines.. and this went on for many days.. Slowly but surely my writing skills went on improving.. These days i am in a position to pen complete songs.. The true inspiration behind all these is certainly Veturi garu.. Everytime any new music album releases, the first thing i do is to check if my idol has penned any songs in that album.. It feels so pathetic now to learn that all new music albums will no more have his name embedded on the CD......

From 2006, i have googled a lot and digged out all his songs starting from 1970 till date.. i observed that all major hits were penned by the prodigy himself.. To name a few.. Shankarabharanam, Geetanjali, Anand, Godavari, Maatrudevobhava, Happydays Title Track, Annamayya, Gangotri, Sri Ramadasu,Roja etc etc....... the list goes on...........

Music got its complete meaning with Veturi.. A person with 8 Nandi Awards needs no explanation.

With my humble salutation, i sincerely pray that he lives in all our hearts forever.......

A song that moves me to tears penned by Veturi.............

Nallanivanni Neellani..
Thellanivanni Paalani..
Anukunnaganuke Kumilipotunnaa..
Nenu Chesina Thappu Cherigipoyenaa..

Jarigina kadha Vini..
Ee Kadali Navvindi..
Mamathake Thaganani..
Tholisari Thelisindi..


Ee Kannula Kaverini..
Kadupulona Daachukunna..
Anthuleni KadiliLotuni..
Nenu Chustunna..

Kadupulo Ninu Moyakunna..
Amma Thappunu..
Kadupulona Dachukunna..
Ninnu Chustunna..

Jaragane Jaragadu..
Ikapaina Porapaatu..
Nammaraa Ammani..
Nee Meeda Naa Ottuu..

Tappatadugulu Vesina..
Thalliga Visiresina..
Ee Daaritappina..
Thallini Vadileyaku..
Chachipudatha Naayana..
Biddaga Nee Kadupuna..

8 comments:

  1. Veturi was a great poet... Amazing lyrics he has written... May his soul rest in peace...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one bro :)Nice homage to ur idol. I knew you were good at writing poems , but VETURI garu was u r inspiration i didnt know .

    May his soul rest in peace:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If there was someone on this earth who could wake up a dozing heart and churn out emotions in it through his words, it's no one but Veturi.

    His words had the power to melt stones. His songs portrayed human emotions so beautifully and perfectly that one tends to think, " Hey, this is exactly how I feel in that situation!I could never put that into words more precisely!"

    A master of language, a master crafter of words, he sculpted every song with the deftness of a seasoned sculptor. Every song he wrote was a masterpiece.

    It's hard to believe that this perennial spring of nectarine poetry has suddenly dried up leaving us to quench our thirst with his eternal legacy.

    May his soul bask in eternal glory and rest in peace with the Almighty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah truly a legend.... Many of my favourite songs with excellent lyrics are of Sri VETURI....Really amazing talent in language as well as a brillant imagination combined with creativity and also wide variety... romantic, deep heart-felt emotions..
    I have a collection of these lyrics which at that time did not know were written by this great poet...
    one of the best i love from these collection is form the movie Sagarasangamam....
    "narudi bratuku natana,Isvarudi talapu ghatana, aa renti nattanaduma, nikendukinta tapana "
    Truly this song that you have posted brings tears...
    Veturi garu will forever remain alive with his wonderful songs .....

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Edama chetha shivuni villunu etthina aa ramude...etthagaladaa seeta jadanuu thaali katte velalo??"

    Ahh...soul stirring lines indeed!!!!Each n every line from his hand potrays perfect feelings!!Legendary poet of the times!!
    His every piece of work deserves a watered eye as outcome!Veturi garu will remain alive in our hearts forever!!!

    May his soul rest in peace....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little did i know that he can influence my life in such big way..
    Little did i know that there is a poet in me..
    Little did i know that music will be more dearer to me..
    Little did i know that i will cry for him one day..
    and Little did i know that he will leave such a big void in my life......


    This was the trigger point, that made me take up, the art of pouring our feelings [transformed into words] onto the white sheet. And suddenly the white sheet seemed colourful. :)


    Wowwww! Who is the author of these beautiful words? Is it Chaitu the seasoned poet in the making? :)

    Your wonderful writing has reminded me of the beautiful line, "Words and words are all I have to take your heart away." They did take my heart away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. even me also same talent happend by veturi garu....yes its true,,,his racanas all r very natural words,,,I started to write small 4-line poems.. Or max 6-7 lines.. and this went on for many days.. Slowly but surely my writing skills went on improving.. These days i am in a position to pen complete all my rachanas baecaz of veturi garu .. The true inspiration behind all these is certainly Veturi garu

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice blog ! .. keep up your spirits buddy ! very good collections..

    ReplyDelete

Thanq for ur valuable comments.. This will defintely aid me in improving my blog!